this week, i have yoga on the mind. i have been working my way back into yoga classes in an attempt to loosen up my muscles and find more balance in my work out routine. i took a 3 month hiatus from yoga that i can definitely feel in every class, every pose, and every second (i try not to watch) tick off the clock.
my aim is to be strong, push through the suffering, and fake it until i make it. thankfully i can at least now look the part, as i recently upgraded from my volleyball spandex into a pair of official yoga shorts. Shakti Activewear Yoga Shorts. these bright blue beauties were calling my name off of the rack and have accompanied me to three classes thus far.
Shakti Activewear makes these booty shorts, and a full line of activewear for women, men, and children. their products are “made to enhance the lives of those who are passionate about yoga, fitness, health and happiness.” they are speakin’ to my heart with that mission statement, so i wanted to see if they were also speaking to my body.
Product: Shakti Activewear Side String Shorts
Material: coolform. intended to be used for hot yoga, bikram yoga, power yoga, and zumba. basically anywhere you move your body and get extremely sweaty.
Features: adjustable side string fro customer length, inlines but with fabric guest, flat stitched to elimate chaffing, four-way stretch to move with you.
- i purchased a size medium in these shorts, which is the size i wear in active bottoms 99.9% of the time. however these feel a bit too big and i wish i would have purchased a size small.
- the draw string is nice in that you can adjust them to your length of preference, but then you have to deal with a draw string hanging out. i find myself tucking the draw strings into the side of the shorts because they annoy me. i could do without them.
- the material feels lovely and they move beautifully with my body.
- i don’t feel any seams as i am transitioning from pose to pose
- dodger blue… i love you
- cost is in line with other quality producers on the market
Shakti appears to be a great company making beautiful products for yogi and fitness enthusiasts. i would purchase product from them again, but i would likely stay away from shorts, (or any clothing) that has a draw string as they seem to distract me. the material, colors, and designs are perfect. and Shakti definitely wins the award for best yoga photos! check out a few of their images and clothing options below: